Land or properties no longer required by the council may be sold, leased or exchanged.
Interested in purchasing council lands or property?
If you are interested in purchasing council lands or property please note the following:
- All requests to be made in writing
- Include a location map identifying land/property
- Outline the intended proposals for land/property
- Applications are checked for council ownership, acknowledged in writing, then circulated to other departments for their input. You will be notified in writing of the outcome. If the disposal is deemed viable details are sent to the council’s valuer for estimation. Property is formally offered in writing and must be accepted in same.
- All proposals to dispose of council land or property must be approved by the elected members of the council at its monthly meeting. When the disposal is approved the councils solicitor is instructed.