To apply for housing with us you need to:
a) live in the Fingal area or
b) have a local connection to the Fingal area
You have a local connection if:
1) A member of the household has resided in the area (for a continuous 5 year period) at any time, or,
2) A member of the household is employed in the area or within 15 kilometres of the area, or,
3) A member of the household is in full-time education in any university, college, school or other educational establishment in the area, or,
4) A member of the household, who has enduring physical, sensory, mental health or intellectual impairment, is attending a related educational or medical establishment in the area, or,
5) A relative of any member of the household lives in the area and has lived here for a minimum of 2 years.
In very special circumstances we may accept an application from someone who doesn’t qualify by having a local connection or who doesn’t live in the area if you can show that your housing need can only be met by Fingal County Council.
If you are a non EEA National you may qualify to make a housing application under one of the criteria listed here Legal Status in Ireland and Making a Housing Application
Income Eligibility Limits here
How do I apply?
You have to complete an Application form for Social Housing Support and make sure you provide all the supporting documents that are needed. The best way to submit your application form is to call in person to the Blanchardstown Office where a housing officer will go over the form with you to make sure it is complete. If you send in a form which isn’t fully complete it will delay the processing of your application.
When you visit the public counter to make your application, you will need have this list of documents Documents Needed for Your Housing Application with you. Please bring the original documents, and copies of the documents.
Please be aware that it can take up to 12 weeks to process your application. You will receive written notification to let you know whether or not you’ve been accepted onto the Council’s housing list.
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone : (01) 8905994 for North County
or (01) 8905380 for Dublin 15
Or visit us at either of our housing counters;
Opening hours for our housing counter at County Hall, Swords
Monday to Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm
Opening hours for housing counter Civic Offices, Blanchardstown
Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 5pm or Friday 9:00am - 4:30pm